Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 266, Thursday, September 23


This is the "view" outside my mom's hospital room. I have been staring at this building since I arrived at 5:45 a.m., this morning. I got a call from my mom at 5 a.m. She wanted me to come pick her up from the hospital. I told her I couldn't, that she had to stay there. She said okay and I asked her to hand the phone to whoever was talking in the room with her. It was the aide and he told me that she was found on the floor, sitting on her bottom at about 4 a.m. They called the doctor and did a stat xray to see if she had hurt anything. I told them I would be right there. I got to her room and she was sitting on the side of the bed and had pulled out her IV. I went to the nurses station and told them to get someone into her room. She was really upset and needless to say...so was I. At 7 a.m., they placed a "sitter" in her room...someone to watch her so she didn't fall again.

1 comment:

  1. That is so scary, Im glad they put someone in to keep an eye on her.

    ReplyDelete