Saturday, January 4, 2020

Day 296, Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Here's my story...I bought this Coach purse and wallet in Gulf Shores for the Totes event.  Stacie offered to reimburse me the $149, several times.  I said no, I was donating this purse for the live auction.  I had 6 months to think about this purse.  You see, I don't spend a lot for purses.  In fact, the one I was carrying I paid $16 for at the Vera Bradley store.  After seeing this purse for the last 6 months, I decided it had to be mine.  I had a budget for the Totes event.  There were several items I wanted to buy.  I didn't win the first item on my list.  When the live auction started for this purse, I had a dollar amount that I wasn't going over.  Needless to say, I blew that amount out of the water because another lady wasn't giving up.  So, my end result was... I paid $149 for this Coach purse and wallet and made a $500 donation to Illinois CancerCare!  (I now hold the record from 6 live auctions for the most money spent on one item!)  Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment