Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 48, Wednesday, February 17


This is the scene that I came home to today! For several weeks, we have sometimes smelled gas in the air when we would get into our car. I called the power company today and reported to them the location. By the time I got home from work, there were trucks, backhoes, and trenchers...oh my! The guys dug up this section of our neighbors yard...right along our driveway and then another larger spot out by the street. They fixed the gas leak, which was at our neighbors house, but also replaced ours since it was connected to the theirs. I didn't get out of cooking dinner....as I had planned to heat up veggie soup from our freezer. They turned off our gas (which meant no heat) but not the electricity...so I could still heat up the soup. Anyway, it took them about 5 hours to fix the leak. They said that a crew would come back in the spring to repair the grass.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you didn't get out of cooking, but I love veggie soup...

    ReplyDelete